See pizza and die? Only in Naples! – part II

 

Hi everyone!

Today we are going to continue our discussion about pizza in Naples. If you think that we exhausted a topic last time, you’re wrong ;). Have you ever heard about fried pizza? If not, I invite you to read more about this unique food, straight from the sunny south of Italy J.


Fried pizza (pizza fritta) is one of the most famous dishes of Neapolitan cuisine. It’s less known version of a traditional pizza and that is why it is worth eating, especially when we are planning a trip in the south of Italy J. It resembles a huge dumpling but the basic difference is a way of its preparation. Pizza is deep fried and not as in the case of a traditional pizza, in a wood-fired oven. It’s really important because it makes pizza very stodgy…But- pay attention-  that’s not all! Let’s take a better look at stuffing :D. Here, we find primarily: ricotta, provola (a kind of cheese) and ciccioli (fatty pork). Of course, in the menu we will find different kinds of filling, including tomatoes and lettuce but I recommend you to try this one, since it’s original Neapolitan fried pizza. I won't conceal ... Personally, it’s hard for me to eat it whole and absolutely it’s not because it isn’t my taste, but because it simply surpasses my stomach :P. Therefore, the best option is eating it when you are mega hungry :D. There is no shortage of places in Naples where you can eat fried pizza, but one of them impressed me in a particular way. I’m referring to the restaurant “La Figlia Del Presidente”, in which you can try, and I hope you convince yourselves to this delicious twist on the traditional pizza.

See you next time! J




 

Komentarze

Popularne posty